Belinda is an Aboriginal woman from NSW who identifies with the Worimi, Wailwan, Barkindji and Wiradjuri peoples of NSW, with extensive management and therapeutic care experience and within the child safety, healing, leadership and community sectors. Belinda is well known for her leadership and is an experienced manager with a depth of understanding of strategic planning and management of multi-disciplinary teams. Belinda has worked with in state government legislative guidelines and has a comprehensive understanding of government operations, policies and practices, at both state and Commonwealth levels. Belinda has worked nationally with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, families and communities as a lead Aboriginal Consultant on projects and she provides leadership, mentoring and support to others in relation to cultural safety, protocols, therapeutic care and leadership. Belinda is well known and regarded for her facilitation of Aboriginal Cultural Training and Leadership and Mentoring Training within Government department.
Belinda has over 18 years’ professional experience working in both Government and non-Government sectors before working as an independent Aboriginal Consultant and then joining Curijo in the role of General Manager. Belinda is the Chair for the Canberra Indigenous Business Network.
Belinda held role of Co-Chair for 2 ½ years for a national NGO’s National Cultural Respect Steering Committee where she had a significant direct input into the cultural and therapeutic aspects of the organisation for those working directly with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families with complex needs. Belinda was also employed as an Operations Manager within this organisation and developed, implemented and evaluated the effectiveness of the first Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander team which employed and supported Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff. This team is still functioning today.
Belinda is now the General Manager of Curijo Pty Ltd and brings her diverse management, teaching and support skills to the business and these are transferred and shared with all employees and clients.
Skills & Expertise
- Post Graduate Certificate in Indigenous Leadership UOM (current)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Indigenous Trauma and Recovery Practice UOW
- MURRA Indigenous Business Master Class
- UOM Diploma – Therapeutic Life Story Work
- Cert IV in Business (Governance)
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment Upgrade
- Diploma in Community Services Coordination/Management
- Family Group Conferencing Accredited · Therapeutic Crisis Intervention
- Cert IV in Project Management
- Cert IV in Frontline Management
- Indigenous Women’s Leadership
- Motivational Mapping Accredited
- Negative Vett 1 – AGSVA
- Working with Children Check – NSW
- Working with Vulnerable People Check – ACT