Belinda has extensive management and therapeutic care experience within the child protection, out of home care, leadership and community sectors. Belinda is well known for her inspirational leadership and is a highly experienced executive manager. Belinda has a deep understanding of strategic planning and is highly skilled in the management of multi-disciplinary teams. Belinda operates within relevant and complex legislative guidelines and has a comprehensive understanding of government operations, policies and practices, at both state and Commonwealth levels. Belinda has grass roots practice experience over multiple decades and is known for her ability to translate research into practice. Belinda is well known and regarded for her development and delivery of highly engaging training at all levels. Belinda is best known for her infectious passion for partnering with families to achieve change.
Skills & Expertise
Belinda has almost 25 years of experience in child protection and out of home care in both the Government and Not for Profit sectors. Belinda is now in the role of Scheduling and Quality lead at Curijo. Belinda has extensive casework experience including time as a Joint Child Protection Response Program (JCPRP) caseworker. Belinda has spent several years as a Child Protection Casework Specialist with the Office of the Senior Practitioner. She has also held several Executive level positions within the Not-for-Profit Sector including time as a Manager for Staying Home Leaving Violence and Intensive Family Preservation, Manager Practice Improvement and Quality and Regional Manager for PSP and ITTC services.
Some of Belinda’s experience is presented below:
- Senior Caseworker, Manager Casework and Casework Specialist in Child Protection and Out of Home Care in NSW
- Development and delivery of a large library of training content on topics including but not limited to: time management, family action plans for change, restoration, case planning, talking with children, perspective taking, working with men who use violence and their children and families, leaving care, accreditation, audit, life story work, carer assessment, structured decision making in practice, preservation, permanency, protective factors, partnering with families for change and many more.
- Currently writing and delivering content for the PSP Learning Hub
- Complex and serious case reviews in a child protection context.
- Facilitation and consultancy for group supervision.
- Mentoring and development of both caseworkers and leaders.
- Review and development of policies and procedures.
- Development of systems and processes to support accreditation readiness.
- Skilled assessor and practitioner.
- Program audit, evaluation, and reporting.
- Developing and updating business frameworks
- Provide specialist advice in the development and implementation of organisational policies, programs, and activities that support and enhance practice.
- Creation of guides, training materials, and programs to support practice improvement.
- Quality monitoring, review and uplift.
- NSW Working With Children Check
- National Police Clearance
- NDIS Clearance
- Bachelor of Science (majoring in Psychology)
- Caseworker Development Program
- JCPRP trained
- Winangay KIDS say cards
- Winangay carer assessments
- Family Group Conference facilitation
- Working with men who use violence in the home
- Structured Decision Making Train the Trainer (including Restoration)